Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Must pay more attention.

I forgot to ask for paper bags at the grocery store. They had the plastic ones loaded into my cart before I noticed. I wanted paper to use to separate recyclables. I paid attention to what I was buying and only bought a few items that didn't have recyclable packaging. Then I spaced and ended up with a handful of plastic bags.

Questions to research:
What types of packaging are most readily recycled/reused?
Alternatives to plastic bags, esp. for produce.

Today is trash day, so tomorrow will start my first one bag of trash week.

1 comment:

Red Chuck Production Blog said...

I often fall into that trap, occupied by something else and forgetting to note my preference when checking out before it's too late. I do have a small canvas bag I occasionally use, but it only works for a small amount groceries and, honestly, I'm a little self-conscious about carrying it around.